Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yup.

So the big question on all of your minds must be: Tom, how are you writing this blog post? Aren't you supposed to be in Cairo?

Yes, yes I am.

I went to the train station, ticket in hand, ready to go to Cairo for Church, and the train pulled up a little short of the platform. No worries, the cars are all connected, we'll just get in the fifth one and make our way to the eighth one. That's what the other 150 people thought, too. I finally got to the door and the train started to pull away. No worries, I hear someone say that it's just pulling up and it will stop.

Nope.

It rolled away.

I haven't been to Church since I went to Dahab, so what is that, five or six weeks? Does this make me technically inactive?

4 comments:

  1. This is what happens when you decide to leave Capital Ward. You go inactive. It's very sad, Tom, to see you fall so far, so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, from Elder's Quorum President to inactive.
    tsk, tsk Tom Wright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does not make you inactive. It makes you an infidel. You must change this status quickly. Egyptians kill infidels. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You came today, though, so I guess we can take you off our top secret inactive list. Phew.

    ReplyDelete