Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Shout Out To Abinadi

Abinadi is my old roommate, an excellent blogger, a genius in a variety of aspects, but most importantly to me, he is one of my very best friends.

He recently posted this which I recommend reading before continuing on to my post.

So. I went to buy some bread, and I saw our doorman on the street. He is going to come tomorrow to clean our apartment since the cleaning lady seems to have found new work. We stopped and exchanged pleasantries, and he asked, "What time do you get up?" I replied that I got up early, and might be up at six or seven. He then laughed and said, "Six or seven? That's impossible, how does my coming by at ten or eleven sound?"

It sounds great, but what was your original question?

Ack.

This brings up a couple of other things. First, when we got our gym memberships, I asked how early we could come, and they assured me that we can come very early. I asked, "Maybe six in the morning?" to which they laughed and said, "That's impossible. Eleven is the earliest." We seem to have a cultural misunderstanding of "early".

And, when I went to ask our landlady why the cleaning lady didn't stop by on Friday as promised, she said, "You want stuff cleaned? You have to give me a few days notice!" Hmm, it was the landlady who told us that the cleaning lady would be by on Friday.

Sometimes I don't get what goes on here.

1 comment:

  1. I empathize. Don't expect me to read your mind. Just ask what you mean. I don't expect you to read my mind so please just answer my question.

    ReplyDelete