Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I went to the hospital, and this time it wasn't for me!!!

Ah, it feels so good to write that. I am feeling a little sick, but this hospital visit was not for me, praise be to Allah.

So. At three in the morning my roommate comes in to tell me that our downstairs neighbor, Katie, is sick. Being that it is three in the morning, I promptly fall back asleep unaware of the world.

Because Michael is a hero, he took her to the hospital with her roommate and came back several hours later. I heard that she was going to be fine, no worries, we can visit later.

So we do.

And just in the nick of time. I came in and they needed a translator something serious. Katie is from England, and doesn't speak Arabic at all. Not even studying it.

And they're going to take out her appendix.

Yes.

So I get to be the one who drops that bombshell. "Hey, you've been in Egypt for a week, you've never had an operation before, but they're taking out your appendix. It's an adventure! It's all part of the experience. I guess it's just your turn."

I have a really good bedside manner. Maybe my calling was to be a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment